We all know that our computer hosts lots of essential files that you may never see when browsing them that includes, accounts, spreadsheets and many more in windows explorer. But one method known Windows Host Process Rundll32 run silently while supporting the applications to assist and manage the productivity. Many of you do not take much interest in knowing about the rundll32.exe file. The reason is simple you never need to run it.
- 1 Windows Host Process Rundll32 overview:
- 1.1 Importance of Windows Host Process Rundll32:
- 1.2 Best methods to fix Windows Host Process Rundll32:
- 1.3 Solution 1: change the settings of the folder options:
- 1.4 Solution 2: Restore drivers to the previous version:
- 1.5 Solution 3: Update graphics card driver:
- 1.6 Solution 4: check for malware and viruses:
Windows Host Process Rundll32 overview:
However, with just a little understanding about it works might help you to identify those potential dangers to your computer experience many times. If you are a person who usually uses windows 10 or lower version and facing high disk usage issue then you should pay close attention to this error right away.
Sometimes it can be frustrating when you welcomed by a certain error each time you open your operating system and where Windows Host Process Rundll32 keeps popping up that force you to boot your entire system. This is how users felt when you encounter it first and unable to save all your precious data in the first place.
This is the reason below we have listed some real facts about Windows Host Process Rundll32 to help you understand what exactly it is, which are the perfect methods you can use to solve it, are there any precautions necessary take, and why you need to do this immediately.
Importance of Windows Host Process Rundll32:
For those of you who don’t know that rundll32 is a windows component which is solely responsible for 32 bit called (DLL7) dynamic link library file. It is something that is directly involved to ensure that specific program you are running on the computer is functioning well.
But when you’ll see rundll32 is missing or gets corrupted, and then it will get stop working properly. In the consequence, you will see the windows host process has also stopped working and giving an error. So when you encounter this problem make sure you solve it with right solutions.
Best methods to fix Windows Host Process Rundll32:
You should consider yourself lucky folks because there are some amazing solutions you are about to uncover that will eventually help you fix this for good. You don’t need to worry about anything there are plenty of ways to get rid of Windows Host Process Rundll32 has stopped working on your PC. But first, you also absorb from where the problem occurs to get a better idea and use the precise method. Here are some methods you should try including,
Solution 1: change the settings of the folder options:
You can manage the settings of your files and folders using folder option. It can fix the windows host process rundll32 error. Here are some basic steps you need to follow,
- First click on the search icon on the taskbar
- Then type control panel and press enter
- Once it is open, click on the drop-down list beside and select large icons
- Then select on file explorer options
- A new window will pop up and from there go to view tab
- Select the box ‘’always show icons never thumbnail options
- Save changes and click apply
- Restart your PC and your issue is resolved
Solution 2: Restore drivers to the previous version:
This one is another perfect solution that you can use to fix the rundll32.exe file. All you need is to get back your drivers to their older version. Most of the users reported that this problem occurred after they updated the sound drivers. It is recommended that you restore drivers firsthand to prevent this from happening of the currently installed programs.
- First, open the run dialogue box and type windows key + R on the keyboard
- Now type appwiz.cpl and then click ok
- Search for the programs you have recently updated and added by right click
- Select and uninstall them from options
- Restart your PC
- It’s done
Solution 3: Update graphics card driver:
It is quite obvious that your graphics card driver is either outdated or missing, causing the rundll32 file to stop from appearing. So, in this case, it is highly recommended that you upgrade your driver and do it manually and all you need is to visit the site of the specific driver and update it.
As suggested you can choose a reliable and convenient option called Auslogics driver updater, once you activated this tool, then it can automatically detect and identify the problem with drivers and at one click you can update all of you drivers to the latest functions. So you would not need to worry about spending too much time searching for right versions.
Solution 4: check for malware and viruses:
Some computer virus can keep the system from detecting the host and lead to stop windows host process rundll32 from working. So, it is highly recommended that you often time perform a deep scan of your entire windows Pc, it may take a while for the process to complete but every second spending is worthwhile. You can use windows defender for this job, or any other great antivirus to detect any threats that show main security software is missing.
Special note: All these above methods can be work for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. The users don’t need to worry about from where to start just pick any solution you like and get on with it.
These are the methods you can use to fix Windows Host Process Rundll32 with the full command which will, in the end, prove quite useful for you.
After all, it is all about making sure your windows system is running at its best speed and each program runs without any delay.
Frequently asked questions
Q1: How do I stop rundll32?
Ans: You need to do the following.
- Open your Task Manager and stop viral rundll32.exe process. …
- Open Registry Editor, by pressing Win+R buttons and typing regedit in the line. …
- Find all the files that can be called like rundll32, except the file that exist in C:\Windows\System32\ folder;
Q2: How do I fix rundll32 exe in Windows 10?
Ans: You need to do the following.
- Type Recovery options in the search box > double-click Recovery options.
- Go to Advanced startup > Restart now.
- Your computer will launch a blue window > select Troubleshooting.
- Select Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart.