Windows Update operates silently in the background. However, it will not proceed further it cannot install an annual update to the Windows. If you face this error, you should try to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter to fix this issue, and you can easily find out Windows Troubleshooter in the start menu.
If it resolves your issue then well and good. But if it is not able to resolve the issue, you should try to trash out Windows Update’s cache by booting through Safe Mode, thus stopping the wuauserv service and removing the records from the location C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution.if all of these things fail to ease down your problem, get updates manually by using the WSUS Offline Update tool.
This Windows Update Stuck at 99 error could occur on Windows 7, 8, or 10 but it occurs more frequently on Windows 7. Sometimes doing the changes that I described above will solve the problem, but there are also some cases when Windows update service is searching for updates forever and the process never comes to an end.
I have described some easy methods to solve this problem. The Windows 10 users normally face Windows 10 Update Stuck at 99 issue.
Sometimes a slow internet connection might be the root causes of all these errors. So, if you are going to update your Windows 10, make sure that you have a healthy and strong internet connection. Sometimes it struck at 99 even having a strong internet connection, but this could possibly be due to Microsoft Server issues.
If you are updating your Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1 or Windows Vista and it struck at 0% and any other number, and there is no way to get out of this problem. Well, don’t worry read this article till the end and fix your Windows Update Stuck Windows 10 issue.
- 1 Fix Windows Update Stuck Downloading Updates
- 1.1 The Problem- Fix Windows Update Stuck Downloading
- 1.2 Types of Messages about WINDOWS 10 UPDATE STUCK AT 99
- 1.3 Cause Of A Frozen Or Stuck Windows Update
- 1.4 Run The Windows Update Troubleshooter
- 1.5 Clear The Windows Update Cache
- 1.5.1 Frequently Asked questions
- 1.5.2 Q1: How do I fix a stuck Windows 10 update?
- 1.5.3 Ans: You need to follow the steps.
- 1.5.4 1. The tried-and-tested Ctrl-Alt-Del may be a quick fix for an update that’s stuck on a particular point. …
- 1.5.5 2. Restart your PC. …
- 1.5.6 3. Boot into Safe Mode. …
- 1.5.7 4. Perform a System Restore. …
- 1.5.8 5. Try a Startup Repair. …
- 1.5.9 6. Perform a clean Windows installation.
- 1.5.10 Q2: How do I fix Windows Update problems?
- 1.5.11 Ans: You need to follow the steps.
- 1.5.12 1. Press the Windows key + X and choose Control Panel.
- 1.5.13 2. Select Windows Update.
- 1.5.14 3. Choose Change Settings.
- 1.5.15 4. Change the settings for updates to Automatic.
- 1.5.16 5. Choose OK.
- 1.5.17 6. Restart the device for confirmation.
Fix Windows Update Stuck Downloading Updates
You would be wondering why your windows get stuck when you try to Update your Windows and after some time,e it stops at some point. Your downloading is stopped and you have no idea how to deal with it. It displays you a constant amount like 23%, 33%, 99% but there is no progress in the process. And every time you restart it, it sticks at a particular point again. I also had this frustrating issue and it got stuck at 23%, I was trying to get an update of Windows Insider Generates.
In the recent update of Windows versions, Microsoft has tried its best to make the procedure as smooth as possible, but as the computer has become home to a numerous number of software and applications, there is a chance that some unexpected problem will happen.
If any error occurs, do not panic. Keep patience and read this Windows Update solution guide till the end.
Things to be cleared before solving this issue:
- Enough storage to Store Download All Windows 10 files in your system drive.
- A strong Internet Connection.
I should tell you that it is a very critical problem and may have different reasons. When I came across this problem, I visited a lot of tech blogs to find a solution to my problem, but It was very difficult for me to solve it even after reading a bulk of information on this issue. I wrote this article so you don’t get in such complicated solutions and find an easy and simple solution to this frustrating problem.
You Should Also Read:Fix:Service Registration Is Missing Or Corrupt Error In Windows 10
The Problem- Fix Windows Update Stuck Downloading
The Windows Update Automatic Update Service WUAUSERV can be the line of the SVCHOST.exe that uses the Computer and Memory if the company is ended. The memory and processor utilization would come back to normal and Windows Update stops checking for updates.
The Windows update process may take a long time but the status remains unchanged, Windows updates still checks for the updates and the storage and PC is unchanged. When analyzing the windowsupdate.log, no current data is published to the log file.
When you are updating Windows 10 OS, you might have been to this Windows 10 Update Stuck at 99 issue. Microsoft has released an update on its anniversary to handle bugs in the Windows. If you want to install new updates on Windows 10, you have to download the latest update from the Windows Update option in the settings.