If you are a person who is using windows operating system on both desktop and laptops then you all must be aware of the fast user switching feature which is quite helpful allow users to switch from one account to another on the same device quickly. Although this may seem a handy feature for windows, on the other hand, it can lead to several problems and has its downsides. So it is better to know Disable Fast User switching unless it will make your system work very slow and all the programs will run at the same time.
Disable Fast User switching overview:
This issue will only lead to making your computer devices into disaster and you certainly want to turn this feature off right away before any other person tries to log in. so when you are about to disable fast user switching while currently logged in on the single device for all accounts at the same time and also do not want any interruptions. This is a great idea to change the settings and disable it right from the beginning so one can only use one account anytime.
People love to use windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 that come with this feature, but ultimately they end up making their system run slow and once they are signed in from one account they have to experience some difficulties as well. So in an old-fashioned way you need to stick with just one program and one account to use the full capability of your machine.
Having said this below we have listed some real facts about Disable Fast User Switching to help you understand what exactly it is, which are the initial options you should choose to disable it, and why you definitely need to choose this in the first place.
What is Fast User Switching?
For those of you who don’t know that fast user switching allows users to sign into their computer while other users are also signed in using the same device. There is no doubt this one has its own advantages that precisely lets you sign in to the account without asking to log off the account, thus simultaneously allows other users to log in the same time.
But like every coin has two sides where it is good, but on the other side, it does come with its disadvantages that most users don’t know and end up making their expensive system damaged.
Also Read: How To Access and Use iCloud For Windows 10
Best methods to disable Fast User Switching:
In order to turn off the fast user switching there are particularly two main methods that you can implement. All these methods are quite perfect and easy to use. All you need to follow the on-screen instructions to disable switching of the accounts between users.
However, there is one thing that you should know that hacking does not technically disable fast user switching. Instead, it will hide the user interface that usually occurs in the start menu when you sign in on the screen. Once all users signed out from the accounts they will no longer be able to switch back and windows practical purposes features will be disabled. So go for opposite direction.
Method 1: Disable Fast User switching using group policy:
This method is one of the most popular and widely accepted ways to disable fast user switching applied for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10. Users can easily disable or enable with local group policy editor which is quite a powerful tool that is worth using and spending time. Here are some steps you need to follow such as,
- First, you need to press windows key + R to open the Run dialogue box
- Type gpedit.msc and press enter
- This will open a local group policy editor
- Now you need to go to the left pane and choose computer configuration, Administrative Templates, system
- Go to the right panel and double-click to open hide entry points for fast user switching
- After that click on the box to check in and disable it, apply and save changes
- Now exit the local group policy editor and sign off to your account and sign it again to verify the changes are applied successfully
Method 2: Disable Fast User switching using Registry:
It is another useful method that you can use to try to disable fast user switching feature by making some editing to the windows registry. There is no denying that this is also a powerful and compelling tool, but you need to use it carefully otherwise it can make the system unstable or even stop functioning. Here are noteworthy steps you need to get started,
- First, open the Run dialogue box and type Windows key + R
- Now type regedit and press enter
- This will lead you to the registry editor windows file
- From the registry windows navigate through the following link called,
- Then click on the right side of the pane search as it will show hide fast user switching and choose new DWOR 32 bit value
- In the next step, you can choose the value to disable fast user switching option
- Click Ok and apply changes
- After all, this, close the registry editor windows and log off from your account
- Log in again to see changes are replaced
These are some real facts about Disable Fast User switching using two specific methods which are simple and easy to use. Just remember one thing is that above-mentioned methods are not hacks. So make sure check back try them according to the windows version you are using and safely switch to one account.