How it would feel when you are in the middle of work and suddenly a blue screen pops up from nowhere that says DPC watchdog violation error, then my friends you are not alone in this. There are many windows users who are facing this type of problem which is common, but there isn’t anything that can’t be fixed.
- 1 DPC watchdog violation error overview:
- 1.1 What is DPC watchdog violation error?
- 1.2 Causes of DPC watchdog violation error:
- 1.3 Best Methods to fix DPC watchdog violation error:
- 1.4 Solution 1: Try to turn off the fast startup:
- 1.5 Solution 2: Check for the corrupted hard drive:
- 1.6 Solution 3: Reinstall display driver in safe mode:
- 1.7 Solution 4: Run event viewer:
DPC watchdog violation error overview:
Today mostly the numbers of computer users are increasing day by day, especially Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. It is has become that one way or another you have to deal with problems in windows platform. But facing blue screen of death indicates that this is a serious one if it happens time and your computer restarts then it natural. But if the problem keeps coming in every 5 to 10 seconds then this calls for a solution.
If you really are tired of observing this incident over and over again then you don’t need to install the windows again or change any hardware accessory, but there are some solid and perfect methods you can follow to fix this within few minutes. As many of you may find this error annoying and report too much.
This is the reason we have below listed some real facts about DPC watchdog violation error no restarting to help you understand what exactly it is, what are the causes of it, which are the initial steps you need to follow, and why you certainly need to try this in the first place.
What is DPC watchdog violation error?
For those of you who don’t know that DPC watchdog violation is a blue screen of death bug check that comes with a value of 0x00000133. Here DPC stands for (Deferred procedure cell) and the watchdog is referring to bug checker which usually tracks or monitor all windows programs and computer performance.
So, whenever you see this violation message, you PC watchdog bug checker are overwhelmed and DPC is running for a long time in the system and get stuck or interrupted by the request level of IRQL of Dispatch level or above.
Causes of DPC watchdog violation error:
In most cases, you will get to see this error when your computer drivers are outdated or installed in the wrong way. For example, if you have not installed a video card driver for the operating system, then DPC watchdog violation could easily happen when you try to watch any video online.
Where in other cases, having incomplete hardware with the operating system can also cause this error as well. Like if your external hard drive is no longer supported by Windows 10 or installed new hardware device in the older computer then it will happen for sure.
Other issues involved such as software conflict, windows does not support sound card, old firmware, outdated drivers, affected system software, and many more.
Also Read: 21 Best GEDCOM File Viewer for Windows Mac
Best Methods to fix DPC watchdog violation error:
There are many users who have reposted that when they are listening to songs via headphone then blue screen of death appears for no reason. Even if your computer restarts and fixed it temporarily there are still some doubts related to it. It will cause the software to stop working or damaged the program files.
Here are some permanent solutions that you will find useful to fix DPC watchdog violation error for good in any version of the windows, just try to follow these instructions accordingly.
Solution 1: Try to turn off the fast startup:
- First, go to the start button, then go to control panel and click on power options
- You will on the left side and select ‘’what power button does’’
- Then choose the change settings which are currently unavailable
- Scroll down a little bit to navigate the turn on fast startup options and uncheck it
- After that click on save changes and exit
Solution 2: Check for the corrupted hard drive:
- First, you need to open run dialogue box and type CMD
- Then right click on the option command prompt and choose the Run as administrator
- When you are done, allow administrator permission and type command Chkdsk C:/f /r
- Then press enter, and type Y to allow to check next time when you start the computer
- Restart your computer so windows can perform a hard disk check, and if found any problem it will fix it
Solution 3: Reinstall display driver in safe mode:
- First, open the Run box and type msconfig and press enter
- Then click on the boot tab and go to the boot option, check safe boot and choose the network
- Once you are done, click OK, and chose to restart button
- Now you are in safe mode
- Straightly go to device manager and find option display adapters, right click on it and choose to uninstall
- Again confirm and check the delete driver software for the device and click OK
Solution 4: Run event viewer:
This is a type of method that does not provide you with a solution but will be able to find the culprit device or driver that is causing DPC watchdog violation blue screen error.
- On the keyboard press windows key + X together and click on event viewer
- Go to the left side on the panel and click on windows logs, and then click on system
- In the middle part of it, you have to check the ones who are marked or labelled as a warning and read the details
- After reading you will see what exactly is wrong with the system
These are some real facts about DPC watchdog violation error that you will find helpful to fix. Just try them out and see how much benefit they prove to fix this problem permanently.